Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Movement Against Hunger #1 - Day Minus 5


"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
-Oprah Winfrey


I’m a big food lover. I’d love to accept anyone who invites me for a culinary tour. I stand for hours to see TV show about food and cooking. Basically, I love eating. I frequently spend time with some of my friends hanging out to go eating. And often, I saw they are wasting foods in vain. Especially, rice. I don’t know is there any special reason behind that. Some of them just ate one or two spoons, and then the rest is wasted. Maybe they don’t like it and decide to not eat it. I thought they shouldn’t ordering food that they don’t like, do they? I really don’t like those types who love to throw food, not only because I’m a foodie, but also there is something extremely crucial behind a bite of rice that being wasted.

Far out there, somewhere, there are hundreds or even millions people drenched in sweat toil every day, against the heat of afternoon sun in the middle of the street selling newspaper, busking, scavenger, fight tooth and nail don’t considering the mounting tiredness, or maybe stealing or picking pockets up, until the worst is willing to die for a dime of money for a bite of rice. Noticeable difference. Social gaps that is so pathetic. People throw away foods that easy and the other sides there are people who scavenge food from the garbage can.

"When we work to end childhood hunger, we are giving our love to kids who need it so much they will never ask for it."
-- Beau Bridges


I grew up with a strong embedded self consciousness about appreciating foods, about how grateful that we are able to eat without working hard. Sometimes some people forget how it feels struggling or had never feeling a hard life thereby making them forget to be grateful. Or at least show their appreciation for their parent hard work to earn money by being wise in ‘throwing foods case’. I didn’t mean to offend anyone, let alone patronizing you. I just expressed what had been jammed in my mind; write what I think needs to be written and tell what I think you all need to know. No more, no less….

Help those who is in hunger with small things like stop wasting food.
-- Hana Novita Hasan


© Original made by Hana Novita Hasan

"We know that a peaceful world cannot long exist, one-third rich and two-thirds hungry."
-- Jimmy Carter

"We need to stop the dying and start the living; stop the hunger and start the hoping."
-- Penelope Cruz






Love

Hanna



0 komentar:

Post a Comment